Google+

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

You Are My Sunshine

Sharon at the Three Irish Girls has done it again. . .She has made this amazing colorway, available through March 15th, dyed to order on 9 amazing yarn bases. And what it represents. . .also amazing. She is donating 20% of the sale price to SHARE, which is a non-profit that helps parents who have lost children and are grieving. Near and dear to my heart after losing my son Samuel in 2006 and having a miscarriage in 2009 I can't thank her enough for being willing to do this for us again. By us, I mean the wonderful women in the Healing After Pregnancy Loss group on Ravelry. We approached her last year and she came up with "Glimpse". You can read more about it here.
We asked her again this year and she came up with "You Are My Sunshine."


You can order some for your own stash, to knit for someone you know who has had a loss, simply to support SHARE and what they stand for, or even send the yarn to someone who needs some yarny comfort. Losses happen. They stink. They aren't the way things were supposed to be. But I love that this colorway also represents hope. . .and a little bit of sunshine. And that it recognizes that our babies, if they lived for moments or days or months. . .that they were and are a little bit of sunshine and we are thankful for them all the same.

No comments: